This is a great technique to enhance the lips to provide a fuller form. Lip augmentation recontous and provides shape. Lip fillers are generally made from hyaluronic acid such as Juvederm and Restylane Lip. Hyaluronic acid occurs naturally and when injected disollves into water over a period of months.
WHAT ARE LIP FILLERS?
A technique to provide a subtle enhancement to your lips when you feel they require more body or shape. Lip fillers/injections are hyaluronic acid gels used to add extra volume and provide plumpness to lips
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE USED FOR?
Lip fillers can be used for a variety of reasons:
• Create a Shapely Form: hence improving the contour
• Balance: providing a balance between upper and lower lips
• Smokers Lines: improve the appearance of smoker's lines or wrinkles
• Downward Smile: help improve drooping mouth corners often called marionette lines
• Thin Lips: providing volume and plumpness
• Mouth Length; help lengthen small mouths, filling out lips.
HOW LONG DO LIP FILLERS LAST?
Lip fillers deliver instant results that improve over 2 - 3 weeks and last usually between 3 and 12 months. It’s important to have a thorough consultation so that our surgeons understand your specific requirements; and advise you on how best the augmentation should be carried out in relation to other facial features to create an ideal balance.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING THE PROCEDURE?
At Santi South Kensington, we use temporary, safe hyaluronic fillers such as Juvéderm or Restylane Lip.
After applying a topical anesthetic cream, he dermal filler is injected gently into your lips or vermillion border to provide a gentle lift.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OR RISKS?
• Discomfort and swelling are possible but rare.
• Bruising is possible but again this is also rare.
WHAT RESULTS CAN I TYPICALLY EXPECT?
Lip fillers is a temporary augmentation and typically last 3 – 6 months with top ups required after 6 months. The effects improve with every treatment, and your surgeon will advise which filler is most suitable for you. Factors such as age and smoking have an effect on the life of your lip filler.
HOW MUCH DO LIP FILLER TREATMENT COST?
Our lip filler treatments start at £450.
As mentioned above, the results are temporary so we recommend booking a course of filler treatments to ensure you can maintain the results you desired over time.
BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT
A small amount of cream is put onto your lips to make them numb. This takes approximately 15-20 minutes.
• You should not wear makeup on your lips for at least 12 hours after treatment.
• Avoid extreme warm environments, such as saunas or sunbeds, for up to one week after your treatment.
• Your surgeon will advise if a gentle massage technique over the body of the lip is required.
Still unsure? Give us a call to book a free consultation.